This Week in Consulting
Friday, November 17th, 2017
“Customers today demand more of their online retail experience, seeking a more interactive shopping experience along with more detailed and more engaging content to aid in making purchasing decisions. Product information management is the customer-driven organization’s tool for reaching and engaging this audience in an increasingly competitive environment.“
This Week’s Must Read comes from an insight piece from the Jabian Journal, in which the consultant explores ways for traditional brick-and-mortar stores to stay competitive in the face of the new digital ecosystem of retail and quickly evolving changes in consumer behaviors.
Read the full article: “End of the Aisle? –How do brick-and-mortar stores stay relevant in the digital landscape?”
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Parthenon-EY expands in Nordics with acquisition of BOX Associates: EY have acquired strategy consultancy BOX Associates to further enhance the firm’s position in the growing market for growth ventures, innovation and digital transformation. | Parthenon-EY News Release
- The FA Announces Digital Transformation Partnership with Cognizant: The FA has announced an agreement with Cognizant, making Cognizant The FA’s digital transformation partner, supporting the football governing body’s new digital engagement programme. | Cognizant Press Release
- Deloitte Reports More Than 26,000 Blockchain Projects Launched in 2016: In its report titled “Evolution of Blockchain Technology: Insights from the GitHub Platform,” Deloitte claimed that the number of Blockchain projects by both organizations and individual users at the development platform in 2016 is the biggest so far. | Lisa Froelings, The Cointelegraph
- McKinsey to repay R1bn: McKinsey has set aside the R1-billion Eskom has demanded it repays, and is keen to pay back the money. | Linda Ensor, Times LIVE
Vocaprep is a brand new Montreal-based consulting interview preparation platform that is taking the industry by storm. Their innovative approach to preparing candidates is one that has left many users with job offers from their dream consulting firms.
The Vocaprep team has provided us with our own discount code for those looking to try out the new EdTech platform. Use CQUEST to get two-thirds off when purchasing your life-time Vocaprep membership.
- How to Unlock the Potential of Key Account Management: Overcoming KAMs’ challenges and reversing disappointing results requires that medtech companies focus on finding, cultivating, scaling and empowering the right talent, and enabling them to build and sustain long-term relationships with their accounts. | Brian Chapman, Roz Lawson and Matt Scheitlin, ZS Associates
- Supply Chain Collaboration: Supplier chain collaboration itself isn’t new. What’s new is that it’s taken on a much greater urgency and importance. | Charles (Chuck) Intrieri
- What do dogs and artificial intelligence have in common?: To think of AI as a ‘clever human’ is to misunderstand it, and what it’s capable of. And that could affect how you develop it and what tasks you give it. | Tom Watt, PA Consulting
- “Pop-Up” Teams: In today’s world of rapidly changing markets and technological advances, the traditional focus on scale and efficiency is going the way of the dinosaur. | Deb Seidman, Green Silks Associates
Our Paris Digital Workshop:
“How to Create Value Through A Digital Transformation?”
will be held on Nov 30th 2017.
Join us for this special event and start building your Community!
- The Best Business Book of 2017 Check out the winner of FT & McKinsey Business Book of the Year 2017. | Phil Stott, Vault
- Top Tips for Administering Strong Teamwork Check out these prescriptive theories that will help facilitate teamwork, as doing so can help individual members and more importantly, a leader. | The Consulting Lounge
- Is Consulting Right for You?: Thinking about management consulting? Check out this consulting mini-series to help you decide if the field is right for you, ace your case, and tackle the quant interview. | Sheila Shah, The Muse
- A Day in the Life of a Management Consultant from Campbell Alliance: An important question to ask when considering a career as a management consultant is: “what is a typical day in the life like?” The job is fast-paced and ever-changing, so there is no “typical day”, but it’s important to understand the intensity of the job. | Consulting Case 101
- Kohesiv is seeking to hire a Director level/Senior Management Consultant (10+ years) with Financial Services and Big 4 or other large consultancy experience. Learn More
- Gartland & Melinda Group is looking for a Associate with 2-5 years of consulting, financial services, or other relevant work experience with an emphasis on strategic and critical thinking. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.