This Week in Consulting
Friday, March 16th, 2018
New Trends & Solutions in Human Resource Management
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Digitization is blurring the line between IT and other business functions, and HR practitioners can now become IT systems experts. HR departments are seizing ownership of IT systems to achieve business outcomes and drive organizational change.”
Human Resources departments have typically managed people while remaining separate from other parts of an organization. This is rapidly changing thanks to advances in digital technology, specifically Software as a Service (SaaS) based applications for human capital management (HCM). This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from Accenture Technology, in which the consultant identifies five key trends in the adoption of digital HCM solutions based on insights gained through projects around the world and as an alliance partner of leading vendors including Workday, SuccessFactors and Oracle.
Read the full article “The Digitalization of Human Resources: Digital HR technology comes of age”, written by Andrew Woolf from Accenture.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Human resources expert Rainer Strack suggests that countries ought to look across borders for mobile and willing job seekers. But to do that, they need to start by changing the culture in their businesses.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Oliver Wyman completes acquisition of design thinking consultancy 8works: Leading design thinking consultancy 8works has been purchased by Oliver Wyman, for an undisclosed fee. Equiteq advised the sell-side of the sale. The addition will see Oliver Wyman further strengthen its capacities to aid both UK and US clients with their transformations. | Oliver Wyman Press Release
- BDO boosts public housing authority offering with Casterline acquisition: BDO’s US wing has added to its public housing authority practice, with the purchase of Castline Associates. The Philadelphia-based firm will join BDO’s office in the region, in a deal completed for an undisclosed fee. | BDO Press Release
- Investor Elliott Management buys tiny stake in Wipro: Elliott Management, the activist hedge fund that changed Cognizant’s business strategy, has taken a tiny stake in Wipro, highlighting its interest in Indian IT companies. Of about 40 US-listed stocks that the $34-billion hedge fund owns, two are now from the Indian IT sector. | The Economic Times
- AlixPartners to restructure Prezzo while Carluccio’s hires KPMG: Consultants from AlixPartners and KPMG have been tapped by two ailing members of the UK casual dining scene. Prezzo has confirmed Alix Partners will oversee its Company Voluntary Arrangement, while fellow Italian restaurant chain Carluccio’s has brought in KPMG to advise on its options, amid sluggish sales. | Consultancy.uk
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- The Four Roles of HR and Digital Transformations: The world of HR is changing rapidly with the advent of Digital. For an HR professional, the question “Where do I start?” can be confusing when it comes to transforming HR towards digital HR. This artcile provide us with a starting point for a strategy of digital transformation for HR. | TP Deo, Capgemini
- HR Technology Disruptions for 2018: Productivity, Design, and Intelligence Reign: The marketplace for HR technology and services is enormous and ever-changing. The market is reinventing itself. Three microtrends are driving this reinvention include changes in the overall technology landscape, changes in the way we work, and changes in the way we manage organizations. | Josh Bersin, Deloitte Bersin
- How can we establish a model for successful HR transformation?: HR transformation needs a business case first whereby progress must be measured against defined milestones and outcomes. Such business case needs to be presented and must include an implementation task force group. | Dave Ulrich, Changeboard
- How AI is Transforming HR? AI-based technology is a tool to be used today to build a more successful tomorrow. In the particular case of people analytics, HR is on the cusp of being able to leverage AI to refine, even redefine, many of its primary functions.| Synergy Consulting
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming month exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey. Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops and Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- 3 Ways Consultants and Small Consulting Firms Win: As a small consulting firm or independent consultant have you ever felt you can’t compete with a larger firm? Instead lean in and share with the buyer why your expertise will help them to solve their problem and why you can do that better than anyone else. | Michael Zipursky, Consulting Success
- How to Write a Business Plan for a Consulting Business?: Before going for the consulting gigs, you might want to consider taking the time to create a business plan for your new venture, which will not only help you map out the opportunities before you, but also the threats. | Darren Dahl Inc
- 5 Reasons to Try Consulting (No Matter What You Want to Do): There are plenty of consulting perks that almost everyone knows about. But there are a number of lesser-known reasons to work in consulting—that might provide a little more meaning than the moolah. | Alex Nuah, The Muse
- Why I knew I was right for a job that didn’t exist yet (and how I got it): If you do not feel a fit in any of the classic paths in Consulting, check out this article for some insights. | Julie de la Kethulle de Ryhove, Board of Innovation
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.