This Week in Consulting
Friday, May 18th, 2018
Predictions on Digital Regulation
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Beyond APIs, secure APIs, and other embedded capabilities, the technology industry will begin to rapidly and dramatically change how it provides the most secure capabilities and services.”
Over the last few years, audit controls, compliance regulations, and damage to reputations due to data breaches have continued to increase and show no signs of slowing down. In 2017, big technology firms began to face a global techlash, debates flared around the governance of data privacy, and business adoption of AR/ VR technologies and data science appear to have reached a tipping point. What implications this trend may have for companies adopting digital technologies? This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Oliver Wyman, where the consultants share predictions on what the future has in store for technology and data regulation, and business adoption of data science and technology.
Read on to Find out More: “Predictions On Digital Regulation, Data Science, And Technology”, featuring Paul Beswick, Chris DeBrusk, Paul Mee, Thierry Mennesson, and Ethan Murray from Oliver Wyman.
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Marie Wallace, an analytics strategist for IBM, offers some fresh thinking on how we maintain privacy while gleaning insight from all of the collected information.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- PA Consulting Group Acquires Digital Consultancy Sparkler: London-based digital marketing and analytics consultancy Sparkler has been purchased by PA Consulting for an undisclosed fee. The deal sees PA add 60 experts to its digital and strategic expertise, as the firm looks to utilise acquisitions to build on a strong 2017. | PA Consulting Press Release
- Bain & Company Buys Digital Agency FRWD: CBain & Company is in line to complete the acquisition of digital marketing firm FRWD. The purchase will see Bain become the latest of the ‘MBB’ trio to bolster its design and advertising capacity via inorganic expansion, with rivals BCG and McKinsey & Company already having spent big in the sector. | Bain Press Release
- CGI Group Acquires IT Consulting firm Facilite Informatique: CGI announced the acquisition of Facilité Informatique, an IT consulting services firm with a strong local presence in Montréal and Québec City. With established practices in high-demand digital services, Facilité Informatique further increases CGI’s extensive capabilities in order to best meet its clients’ needs. | Street Insider
- Five Trends in Agile to Look Out for: Agile working provides organisations an approach to improve both efficiency and effectiveness, as well as employee satisfaction. The agile methodology is therefore rapidly gaining terrain in the business landscape. While the way of working traces its roots back to IT-related departments, Agile has now clearly made its way to the corporate landscape. | Consultancy uk
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- Connected Risks: Cybersecurity regulations and mitigation approaches in US, Europe & Asia: Protecting data is tricky business. Data is a modern-day Frankenstein: what was once an asset is showing signs of becoming a liability. While its complexity and reach fill one with a sense of awe, this big global IoT beast – with data as its life-blood – is powerful, yet dangerous. | Anthony J. Ferrante, Pablo Lopez-Alvarez, Amrit Singh Deo, FTI Consulting
- The U.S. Healthcare Implications of Europe’s Stricter Data Privacy Regulations: Domestic healthcare organizations must brush up on the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance or risk heavy fines. Investing in GDPR-approved technologies, such as pseudonymizing, will enhance healthcare organizations’ overall data security and privacy, as this white paper recommends. | Vanessa Pawlak, Octavia Costea , Cognizant
- A New Regulatory Framework for the Digital Ecosystem: The telecoms regulations in place today are largely the same as those used to regulate 20th Century technologies and markets. We cannot allow tomorrow’s technologies to be stifled by yesterday’s regulations. Our digital economy deserves better now is the time for a regulatory reset. | Jeffrey Eisenach, Bruno Soria, NERA Consulting
- 2018: Digital Predictions in the Year of Fragility: In the flurry and upheaval of last year, where the accepted norms of politics, economics and society were challenged, or tossed aside, opportunity abounds. And while technology is well placed to help companies to thrive in this environment, it would be naive to foresee only smooth sailing. | John Riccio, PwC Digital Pulse
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming months exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey. Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- Scaling Your Consulting Business From Seven To Eight Figures And Beyond: The title says it all. Read on to see what it takes to scale from six to seven-plus figures. | Ryan Stewman, Forbes
- What Independent Consultants Need to Know to Succeed: You know your industry, but do you have the skills to run a business? Great insights for independent consultants. | Robert McGuire, Nation 1099
- Ace the Case: 7 Steps to Cracking Your Consulting Interview: If you’ve got your sights set on a consulting gig, then you already know which one of the types of interviews to except: A cas. | The Muse
- How To Start Consulting On The Side: You can launch your consulting business before Monday morning — and why not? | Liz Ryan, Forbes
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.