This Week in Consulting
Friday, December 15th, 2017
“2018 likely will be distinguished by persistent uncertainty and risk for the industry, but these challenges also may spur health organizations to seek out greater cross-sector collaboration, make new strategic investments and create inefficiencies, all tactics that shore up enterprise resilience.”
This week we shift our focus to the U.S. health industry. Under the current healthcare reform in the U.S., additional risks and uncertainties are moving to center stage, as is the consumer, and the health industry is being forced to act. Healthcare providers and insurers in particular should anticipate the changes as they come. PwC Health Research Institute just published its annual report highlighting the 12 forces that will have the most impact on the health industry in 2018.
Read the Full Article: “Top health industry issues of 2018: A year of resilience amid uncertainty”.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Data geek Joel Selanikio talks through the sea change in collecting health data in the past decade — starting with the PalmPilot and Hotmail, and now moving into the cloud.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- PWC to Sell Government Services Practice: PWC is exploring the sale of its government consulting practice, which could fetch about $500 million. The sale would give PWC a freer hand to pursue the growing business of auditing government agencies. | UK Reuters
- Equiteq advises The Biotech Quality Group on the sale of a controlling interest to Assystem S.A.: Global consulting and IT services sector M&A specialist, Equiteq, announces the sale of its Life Sciences consulting client, The Biotech Quality Group (BQG), to international engineering group, Assystem S.A. | Equitech News
- Fintech is Key for Hong Kong Banking as 2018 will see Mainstream Adoption: KPMG published a report on the Hong Kong banking industry this past week and Fintech plays a prominent role in the theme of the document. Everything is going digital at breakneck speed and traditional banks must hustle to survive. | KPMG Press Release
- Driving Into The Future: Infosys And Udacity Partner To Invest In Autonomous Vehicle Education: Udacity and Infosys are uniting the elements of education and transformative technology inits self-driving nanodegree program called CarND. The commitment to lifelong learning is critical for the success of any organization, especially on the precipice of a future fueled by autonomy. | Infosys Consulting News
Consulting Quest has launched Jobsulting, the only management Consulting-focused global recruiting platform that partners with consulting firms to link their demands to the right consulting candidates. Register on the platform today and enjoy free posting for one year.
- Artificial Intelligence: Healthcare’s New Nervous System: Key clinical health AI applications can potentially create $150 billion in annual savings for the United States healthcare economy by 2026. | Matt Collier, Richard Fu, Lucy Yin, Accenture
- Putting Third-Party First: Delivering Customer Experience in a Third-Party Financial Services Model: Sixty-five percent of financial services firms now use third parties, and the majority plan on maintaining or increasing third-party involvement in the future. | Jill Jacques, Frank Kimball, North Highland Consulting
- Recommendations for the Development of Smart Disease Management Ecosystems: Medical device manufacturers are looking to add value to their offerings through smartphone connectivity; offering data visualisation and support, along with the ability to share usage data with relevant HCPs. | Tim Phillips, Cambridge Consultants
- Navigating the Urban Energy Transformation: Building Smart and Sustainable Future Cities: The convergence of energy and city innovation will be vital to creating a low carbon global economy that’s prosperous, sustainable, and capable of providing a good quality of life to all communities. | Eric Woods, Mackinnon A. Lawrence, Marcel Volkerts, Navigant Consulting
Consulting Quest will be hosting a Procurement Workshop in the Greater New York area in January 2018 discussing Best Practices in Consulting Procurement. For more information, please contact Dominic.Prisco@consultingquest.com.
Check Out other Upcoming Events and Workshops and Start Building Your Community!
- 51 Artificial Intelligence (AI) Predictions For 2018: “AI is like water or the air around us — it’s not a category, but it’s everywhere and will be embedded in most software we use whether we know it or not”. Read about AI predictions for 2018 and see how it may affect you and your career. | Gil Press, Forbes
- Embrace Your Small Ideas for Big Impacts: Nothing can kill innovation faster than the performance anxiety that results from outsized ambition. The same applies to consultants. | Dev Patnaik, Jump Associates
- Why I knew I was right for a job that didn’t exist yet (and how I got it): If you do not feel a fit in any of the classic paths in Consulting, check out this article for some insights. | Julie de la Kethulle de Ryhove, Board of Innovation
- Salary Benchmarking Report 2017: Top Consultant just released a comprehensive study of remuneration levels within the Management Consulting sector. You find this an interesting and useful resource as you learn about different facets of the consulting industry. | Top Consultant Report
- A client of Consulting Quest is looking for 1 partner +2 consultants with proven Organization Design track record for Organizational Diagnosis project of North American Activities of European Company (mainly NY). If you are interested or know someone, please register on Teambuilder to view the project or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kohesiv is seeking to hire a Director level/Senior Management Consultant (10+ years) with Financial Services and Big 4 or other large consultancy experience. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.