This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, October 16th 2019
Brexit is just around the corner: Ready ?
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Brexit was originally due to happen on 29 March 2019. That was two years after then Prime Minister Theresa May triggered Article 50 – the formal process to leave – and kicked off negotiations. But the Brexit date has been delayed twice.“
Understand Brexit, the political and economic conflicts around the withdrawal agreements of the European Union, and the consequences of a no-deal. For those not following every twist and turn, this guide covers the basics.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from BBC about the key points for leaving the UK from the European Union.
Read on to Find out More: “Brexit: All you need to know about the UK leaving the EU “ | BBC.
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Brexit explained: what happens when the UK leaves the EU? A simple animation video that explains what is Brexit and how the different scenarios could impact UK and EU.
- Three Brexit trends to hit the UK labour market: “As uncertainty still surrounds the outcome of Brexit, with a potential No Deal scenario still on the cards as the clock ticks down, businesses face three key HR challenges in the coming months. According to Libra Europe Consulting expert Sean Pickering, firms must contend with the UK being hit by a brain-drain, difficulties in recruiting new staff, and an increased cost of hiring new talent due to a smaller workforce.” This article highlights how the Brexit is already impacting the labour market and how businesses should mitigate the risks. | Consultancy.uk
- What Is Brexit? What Does ‘No-Deal’ Mean? “Britain’s two main political parties are haggling over the nation’s withdrawal from the European Union, known as Brexit. The badly divided government is in crisis, unable to agree on an approach to the country’s biggest peacetime decision in decades.” The author shows the difficulty for the various political actors to find agreements to leave the union and the damage that this will cause. | Benjamin Mueller, The New York Times
- Brexit Industry Insights: “With the UK’s default to leave the EU without a deal, there are a number of steps businesses in the life sciences sector should take to prepare. Many companies in the sector are faced with simultaneously navigating an increasingly complex regulatory environment while trying to mitigate as much as possible the significant impact of Brexit – including the effects of weak drug development pipelines, access to talent, supply chain disruption and potentially reduced research and development (R&D) funding.” The article presents what Brexit would mean for Life Sciences and what business can do to prepare for it. | Amanda Tickel, Hanno Ronte, Sally Jones, Nakesh Singh, Seb Payne, Deloitte
- The impact of the UK’S Exit from the EU on the UK-Based Financial Services Sector: “The UK-based financial services sector, together with the related professional services sector, plays a critical role in the UK economy. It provides capital to invest in infrastructure and technology, which generates income and jobs for UK households, as well as services such as savings, pensions, and insurance that households and corporates rely on.” Here is a comprehensive fact-based article on the size of the sector and the potential impact of the UK’s exit from the EU. | Sir Hector Sants, Matt Austen, Lindsey Naylor, Patrick Hunt, Dawn Kelly, Oliver Wyman
- Is post-Brexit manufacturing make or break? “The first reality businesses must face is that, whatever form it takes, Brexit will happen – and it will severely impact the UK’s automotive and manufacturing sectors. Automotive, in particular, is a complex supply chain, which often crosses borders many times, and every time it does, tariffs will apply.” Tim Lawrence, partner and head of manufacturing at PA Consulting, proposes his approach on how manufacturers can prepare for Brexit and its many possible scenarios. | Peter Taylor for Natwest
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Be Ready for Brexit : Be Ready for Brexit is an afternoon that will provide you with the information you need to prepare for Britain’s departure from the EU.
BPMA Brexit Summit : A one-day event to prepare the Promotional Merchandise industry for Brexit.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- EY Launches Technology Platform in Schools to Enable STEM Learning: EY has developed a mobile platform in collaboration with Tribal Planet, EY STEM Tribe, to help girls in 13-18 years age group engage in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) curriculum and pursue high-growth careers. | Enterprise IT world
- PwC opens creative space for tech businesses: The official opening took place this week at a launch event celebrated with more than 100 clients and staff. The event centred on disruptive technologies, providing guests with experiential opportunities in virtual reality, and escape room technology. | The Business Magazine
- Accenture Announces Acquisition of French Data Marketing Firm Sutter Mills: “The combination of Sutter Mills’ and Accenture Interactive’s expertise would enable companies to create hyper-relevant experiences at scale across all customer touchpoints.”. |Samantha Hurst, Crowdfund Insider
- Philips and Spencer Health Solutions expand partnership to Europe: “As health systems work to better manage high risk and high-cost patient populations, medication adherence solutions can help to improve medication management and increase patient engagement,” said Derek Ross, Business Leader Population Health Management at Philips. | Investegate
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is ...
"The tallest building in the world is now in Dubai, the biggest factory in the world is in China, the ...
"The whole is more than the sum of its parts." - Aristotle. Synergy is really what most Clients and Consultants ...
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.