This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, May 06th 2020
What are the challenges of a digital organization development?
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“It happens almost every day: A CEO scans the competitive landscape and decides it’s time to implement new strategies or to examine internal factors that are limiting growth. With buy-in from senior leadership, the company makes a significant investment in a months-long process designed to yield actionable insights. A few areas may be singled out for a deep-dive examination of how work is performed and where pain points exist. “
Organization, culture and behavior, workforce, and costs are the four key areas that companies typically focus on. Is this the right scenario?
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from strategy+business about a digital approach to Organizational Effectiveness.
Read on to Find out More: “Organizational effectiveness goes digital“ | Matthew Siegel and Chris Greenwood, strategy+business.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Arthur Carmazzi’s corporate culture evolution process has a 100% success rate in creating visible organizational change in as little as 2 weeks…
- Top 7 organizational change trends in 2020 and beyond: “The value of every organization is in increasingly based on the ability to learn quickly. Learning is not only a department, but it’s also a crucial part of the work in every unit. According to Deloitte’s 2019 Human Capital Trends, 86% of organizations recognize changing the way people learn at work as their biggest organizational development challenge in 2019 and beyond.” The author shares his take on the evolution of organizational change. | Ilkka Mäkitalo, Howspace
- How Banks Are Using Behavioral Science to Prevent Scandals: “Some of Europe’s largest banks — ING Group and ABN Amro in the Netherlands and RBS in London — have created behavioral risk teams composed of professionals trained in organizational psychology, anthropology, forensics, and other disciplines. Each team has a direct reporting line to the chief audit, compliance, or risk executive. Teams also have the independence and autonomy to conduct companywide reviews and assess business units in which they perceive behavioral risk.” How is the financial sector using behavioral science tools to identify risky behavior early on? What is the impact on their activities? How does this approach translate into other industries? | Henry Engler and Anna Wood, HBR
- Organisational change in times of digital transformation: “Technology and organisational change go hand in hand, for companies to adjust to technological advances, it is becoming ever more essential for business leaders to adjust their models and their culture to reap the benefits of digitisation.” This interview of Dr. Julie Hodges invites us to reflect on organizational change and the impact of technology on the companies’ business models. | Louron Pratt, Professor Julie Hodges for HRD
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
2020 OD Network : With this year’s theme of “Evolving with Impact: The Future is Now”, attendees will benefit from learning from world-renowned experts in organization development, change management, team building, and engagement.
18th Annual Change & Transformation Conference: In this world of ever-accelerating change, leaders in change management must continuously learn, adapt, and leverage new tools to ensure that their organizations are fueling the future.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- New normal will be an accelerated version of pre-crisis one, say Filippo Bianchi, Guia Ricci of BCG: “ Filippo Bianchi, managing director and partner, and Guia Ricci, principal of Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in Milan, have outlined to FashionNetwork.com the findings of their firm’s latest study on the impact the Covid-19 crisis is having on the luxury market.” | Fashion Network
- Zoom’s choice of Oracle cloud looks smart after Microsoft and Google’s aggressive moves in video: “While Zoom is singularly focused on video, Microsoft and Google are massive tech conglomerates with the ability to lose money in certain areas — like video — if it means picking up market share. Zoom would rather not fund its rivals’ cloud businesses, which have been growing rapidly as large enterprises move away from traditional data centers.” | CNBC
- Addepar Announces Alternatives Marketplace: “Addepar, a leading technology platform for wealth management, today announced the launch of Marketplace. This new application within the Addepar platform allows clients to view and assess a range of offerings and digitally initiate transactions through trusted partners.” |PRNewswire
- Deloitte criticised for Covid-19 testing role: “As the UK looks set to miss its target for coronavirus testing by a significant margin at the end of April, reports have surfaced criticising Deloitte’s role in expanding testing across the country. According to reports from The Guardian, one testing centre Deloitte supports underperformed, to the extent that local hospitals sought to take over the flagship operation from the Big Four giant.” | Consultancy.uk
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.