This Week in Consulting
Friday, June 8th, 2018
Government in An Era of Digital Disruption
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Experimentation and fresh thinking are required. This must include a fundamental rethinking of how government is structured to encourage collaboration across departments, eliminate silos, and create an agile organization.”
Global economies are in the midst of unprecedented technological change including an explosion in automation, the takeoff of AI, and rapid advances in fields such as nanotechnology and genomics. This disruption affects just about every aspect of society—from industrial strategies and competitiveness to the labor market to the way government itself functions. As a result, governments will need to manage issues arising from these emerging technologies at the same time embrace digitization in their own operations.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from BCG, in which the consultants examine the significant challenges governments in adapting to disruptive changes in the labor market and provide viable solutions.
Read on to Find out More: “Government in An Era of Digital Disruption”, featuring Vincent Chin , Christopher Malone , J. Puckett , and Alexander Türpitz from Deloitte.
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Can government be run like the Internet, permissionless and open? Coder and activist Jennifer Pahlka believes it can — and that apps, built quickly and cheaply, are a powerful new way to connect citizens to their governments — and their neighbors.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Brickendon Expands into Canada with Toronto Office: CAs the effects of Brexit threaten to hamper the performance of the British financial sector, many firms are looking to pan-Atlantic expansion in order to ensure their growth. Brickendon, a rapidly growing British consultancy, has turned its attention to Canada, opening a Toronto office to bolster its existing presence in North America. | Brickendon Press Release
- U.S. Consulting Fees Climb to $63.2 Billion on Tax, Digital Transformation: U.S. spending on consultants hit a fresh record last year as executives and government officials sought advice on navigating the new tax law and evolving technology. The U.S. consulting revenues rose 8.1% to $63.2 billion in 2017, from $58.7 billion in 2016. | Wall Street Journal
- BCG Make £2 Million Contract with Brexit Department: BCG has landed a £2 million contract from the UK government’s Department for Exiting the EU (DExEU). The American consulting giant now holds at least five Brexit contracts as scrutiny grows on the Government’s perceived overreliance on consultancies to help engineer a ‘smooth’ Brexit. | Evening Standard
- Deloitte to Invest £430 Million in Bolstering Cyber Security Defences: As cyber threats continue to evolve, threatening the security of consulting firms and clients alike, Deloitte has announced plans to significantly boost its cyber security offering. Having already commenced a hiring spree in the field in Europe, the firm will now invest £430 million into its cyber security line, following a major breach of its defences in 2017. | Consultancy uk
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- Re-booting Government As aBridge to the Digital Age: It is perhaps inevitable that our policymaking institutions lag behind the technological developments that fuel the digital transformation, but the gap is widening and with it the opportunity to shape the transformation to address long-standing concerns such as low productivity, age dependency and access to healthcare. | Andy Wyckoff, OECD
- Emerging Technologies Make Their Mark on Public Service: Among the foremost missions of government is to improve the delivery of public service and meet the rising expectations of citizens. Intelligent technologies have the potential to play a transformative role in meeting public service agencies’ key challenges. | Chris Gray, Terry Hemken, Accenture
- Leading Government in the Digital Age: Being a leader in the digital age demands thinking, acting, and reacting differently. Government leaders have a great opportunity to harness the changes brought by the digital age to better serve citizens and support the workforce. | Kelvin Womack, John Forsythe, David Dye, Deloitte Consulting
- Technology-powered Experience in the Public Sector: In an age where technology is evolving, connecting, and advancing at an increasing pace, it’s never been more important for public sector agencies to focus on their core missions to determine where new solutions can advance the citizen experience. | Bryan Wagner, North highland
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming months exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey.
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- Consulting firms are now a serious alternative in the eyes of more advertisers: Underneath the concerns and the outrage, the consulting firms are showing signs of staying power with brands. | Digiday
- Advice for Consultants: Competition is growing, and clients are becoming more picky. Consutlants need to sharpen their skills. | The Economists
- Want To Be A Consultant? Five Signs Consulting Is Right for You: Latest article from Forbes on things you need to know before embarking on a new career as a consultant. | Forbes
- Top Tips for Getting Work as a Consulting Intern: As the summer internships begin, get some tips on how you can make the most out of your experience. | Target Jobs
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.