This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, May 1st, 2019
Media Investments In The Digital Era: How brands can adapt to the new age of digital advertising
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“The mid-20th century (the Mad Men era) was a golden age for advertising, thanks to the proliferation of mass media. Fathers would turn on the radio and hear an ad for the latest car. Mothers would open a magazine and see a full-page ad for state-of-the-art household appliances.”
The ads might not have been backed with data analytics, but companies knew they were reaching their audiences one way or another. “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half,” as John Wanamaker, the founder of one of the first department stores, used to say.
Today, the digital media revolution is creating another boom. With the rise of the internet, social media, and advanced data analytics, brands hope to target their customers more than ever before.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from Oliver Wyman, where the consultants discuss how to deal with the challenge of finding the right allocation of budget between digital and traditional media.
Read on to Find out More: “Media Investments In The Digital Era: How brands can adapt to the new age of digital advertising“, Celia Friedman and Stephen Picard, Oliver Wyman.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
To realize changes within a company you need to find people that are passionate and believe in something, rather than focusing on generating bright ideas.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- Capgemini and Autodesk partnership agreement: Global IT services and consulting firm Capgemini has announced a partnership with Autodesk on a new Building Information Modelling platform. The move is thought to come as a response to growing demand for more comprehensive lifecycle management tools. | Michele Moore Duhen, Capgemini
- Accounting and consulting firm EY US has formed an alliance with Stratio BD, an artificial intelligence platform company. EY teams will use the platform to help businesses apply AI directly to operations and data. | Barbara Burgess, Ey
- Deloitte and Google Cloud expand their alliance to bring the cloud to more industries: Accounting and consulting firm Deloitte will work with Google Cloud to create an array of solutions for the life sciences and healthcare, financial services, and retail sectors. The announcement was made at the annual Google Cloud Next conference in San Francisco. | Kevin Ichhpurani, Google
- Wellness Workdays Acquires Leading Health Coaching Firm: Corporate wellness program advisor Wellness Workdays has acquired health coaching firm Occupational Medical Consulting. |Cision PR Newswire
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Programmatic Pioneers Summit: Now you can by joining the leading European programmatic conference, attracting over 250 leaders representing the ‘who is who’ from the full value chain- Brands, Agencies, Publishers and Tech companies.
Digiday Programmatic Marketing Summit: At the Digiday Programmatic Marketing Summit, we’ll bring together hundreds of senior leaders from top agencies and brands for a candid discussion on where they’re investing across platforms and the tools they’re using to do it more efficiently.
- Navigating Through the Promises and Pitfalls of Ad Tech’s Impact on Digital Advertising: The digital advertising industry continues to grow at a rapid pace as brands look to make connections with consumers and publishers seek to fill expanding inventory. Yet despite this growth, fractures in the industry are increasingly starting to show. A complex value chain is siphoning off dollars with little transparency or accountability. | Dan Schechter, Michael Kaufman, and Stephen Matthews, L.E.K. Consulting
- Agile in the consumer-goods industry: The transformation of the brand manager-In the consumer-goods sector, agile ways of working aren’t an all-or-nothing proposition. Success depends on knowing where and how to deploy them. Despite a strong economy and low unemployment, many large consumer-goods brands can’t seem to gain an edge. CEOs at many companies are nervous about their prospects and concerned about their business model and innovation. | Raphael Buck, Alex Harper, Julie Lowrie, and Sara Prince, McKinsey
- Digital transformation through data : Digital innovation has reshaped the news and media industry. The transition from print to digital started more than two decades ago, and the changes to news and media companies during this time have been dramatic. Few publications still exist as print-only editions anymore. Almost all major print and broadcast news outlets now maintain digital versions. | Deloitte
- Why your company should have a digital consultant? The business world is going digital at an increasingly fast pace. So it’s important to understand what a Digital Consultant is and why your company should have one. With that, here are 7 reasons your business needs a Digital Consultant. | Alex Bean, Divvy
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- Consulting firms are now a serious alternative in the eyes of more advertisers: Underneath the concerns and the outrage, the consulting firms are showing signs of staying power with brands. | Digiday
- The Creative Consulting Company: This paper introduced several consulting firms that brought in important new ideas which extended management theory and improved management practice. | Harvard Business School
- How to Become a Successful Social Media Consultant? Do you have what it takes to be a social media consultant? Being a consultant isn’t easy and specializing in social media doesn’t make you unique in the marketplace. | Jenn Chen
- The Rise Of Digital Consultancies: What started off as an infatuation with product design and more engaging web interfaces has become a full blown movement towards digitalization. | Falguni Desai
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.