This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, June 5th, 2019
Pharma Medical Affairs 2020 and beyond
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“The definition of value will be much broader and will expand as the types of healthcare stakeholders who demand a demonstration of value increase. At the same time, there will be an increased focus on evidence and higher hurdles for proving product value .”
In 2007, medical leaders from across the pharmaceutical industry assembled to develop a common understanding of a ten-year vision for Medical Affairs. With five years now past, it is hardly surprising that significant change has occurred in the world in which the pharmaceutical industry operates, especially given the remarkable economic environment and the continued acceleration of technological change.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from McKinsey, in which the consultants discuss on how Pharma’s Medical Affairs faces growing internal and external challenges as well as new opportunities.
Read on to Find out More: “Pharma Medical Affairs 2020 and beyond“, Matthias Evers, Edd Fleming, Arnab Ghatak, Jan Hartmann, Arif Nathoo, Ron Piervincenzi, Lawrence Wai, Ann Westra, McKinsey
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Loïc Plantevin, a partner with Bain’s Healthcare practice, describes how medical affairs can become a strategic ace by presenting high-quality data to the people who influence purchasing decisions.
- Five Technologies That Will Disrupt Healthcare By 2020: The healthcare landscape is changing exponentially and the following technologies are expected to have far-reaching implications in terms of diagnostics, treatments and delivery of care in the future. | Reenita Das, Frost & Sullivan
- The new role of Medical Affairs in an outcomes-focused world: The healthcare industry is in the midst of massive change. Two primary trends are disrupting how scientific data and drug information are used and highlighting how the Medical Affairs workforce can be more valuable to healthcare delivery teams, from supporting administrators making policy decisions in boardrooms to supporting care teams making treatment decisions at the bedside. | Elizabeth Coulton, James Crowley and Benjamin Rhee, Accenture
- Medical Affairs- The time for change is now: Medical Affairs is transforming into a key, central strategic function. Here Clifford Hall and Tanja Bosshard Becker from Executive Insight examine why Medical Affairs is uniquely placed to help pharma companies overcome the most pressing challenges in healthcare today. | Tanja Bosshard Becker and Clifford Hall,Executive Insight-Healthcare Consultants
- The Critical Role of Medical Affairs: Getting Fit For the Future– With Medical Affairs professionals poised as a key point of information exchange with external stakeholders, they will need to complement their scientific engagement skills with those of value demonstration and communication across a broader range of stakeholders than the traditional, almost exclusively HCP audience. | Jill Condello, Peloton Advantage
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Global Medical Affairs Summit: Meet professionals from the best pharma companies and learn what the new trends in Medical Affairs are, how to maximise the value of RWE, the usage of data in medical affairs and more…
The 2019 Medical Affairs in Rare Diseases Forum: As advances in genomic and clinical science have created innovative opportunities to design personalized medicine, the pharmaceutical industry must work to reconstruct their business models to combine market opportunities with clinical health benefits.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- Medicine economic model creates negative health outcomes: The much maligned pharmaceutical industry has long been criticised for its failure to focus on deep seated issues in public health. Another instance of concern is a focus on treating symptoms rather than curing the diseases themselves, with such treatments requiring long-term payment to mitigate symptoms, rather than one-time cures being delivered. | Consultancy.uk
- Peaking Plants Generate Growth for Energy Assets Utilities: The plant will enable Keekle Power to provide low cost, dispatchable power to the local distribution system and fulfil its Capacity Market obligation. EAU spotted an opportunity in the peaking plant market around four years ago and has since developed a specialist design and network construction team that has gone on to complete more than 40 schemes on behalf of operators. | Colin Bridgman, Bdaily
- IEHP CEO Receives Meritorious Service Award from Loma Linda University Health: Dr. Gilbert was recognized for his significant contributions toward provision of health care to the surrounding communities through collaborative partnerships and relevant reforms. | Cision PR newswire
- What Modi 2.0 could mean for the Indian pharma industry? The first term of the Modi government saw a series of measures being taken by the government, which looked positive and beneficial to the end consumer. The industry says that the first term of the Modi Government has been quite harsh on the sector. | Business Today
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.