This Week in Consulting
Wednesday,March 20th, 2019
Four Key Steps to Fuel Proactive Tech and Cyber Risk Function
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Building the right TCRM structure encompasses many elements, and it must be customized to fit the needs of your organization. The structure should include at least two separate lines of defense (LOD) working together to identify and monitor acceptable risk levels.”
Organizations—and their technology and cyber risk management (TCRM) functions-are being buffeted by changing dynamics bringing ever-increasing risks: mounting regulatory pressures, innovative new technology, an evolving workforce in need of new skills, and organizational shifts that create cyber and information security challenges.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from KPMG, where the consultants discuss key insights and cutting-edge solutions that were generated during KPMG’s third annual Technology and Cyber Risk Management Financial Services share forum.
Read on to Find out More: “Four Key Steps to Fuel Proactive Tech and Cyber Risk Function“,Vivek Mehta, Rob Westbrook and Luke Nelson, KPMG
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
In this BriefingsDirect podcast, Dana Gardner of Interarbor Solutions and his panelists explore the ways that rapidly evolving technology is impacting the future of procurement.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- EY set to launch startup incubator programme in Singapore :Professional services firm Ernst & Young is launching a start-up incubator programme in Singapore, with applications now open. | Charlton Media Group
- Sia Partners Acquires Loft9 : Paris-based management and technology consulting firm has acquired Seattle-based Loft9, strengthening its tech-driven consulting platform. The move is a part of a strategy to breach a headcount of 500 consultants in the US by the end of 2020. | Businesswire
- Deloitte and KPMG make risk and insolvency acquisitions in Australia :Two of the Big Four have made purchases in Australia, with Deloitte acquiring Sydney-based risk consultants Converging Data Australia, and KPMG picking up insolvency outfit Ferrier Hodgson. | Consultancy.asia
- Capco Launches New U.S. Insurance Practice: London-based consulting firm Capco has opened a new US insurance practice. It will be led by new US partner Frank Neugebauer, who was formerly digital chief technology officer at Genpact. | Capco
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
2019 Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Cyber Security Conference: Multi-track conference sessions and training & workshops for operations, control systems and IT security professionals to connect on SCADA, DCS PLC and field controller cyber security…
Cyber Security Training: Join us in Orlando for SANS 2019 (April 1-8), and choose from over 45 cutting-edge cyber security courses.
- Moving from analog to digital : Major global trends and client demand for seamless digital delivery of products and services are forcing firms to fundamentally change how they design, build and deliver their offerings to consumer and corporate clients alike. Convergence across — not just within — sectors is forcing firms to adopt new business and operating models. Even the new industry players that have gained traction must focus on staying relevant. | Cindy Doe, Amy Brachio, Amy E. Gennarini, Marc R. Saidenberg, Adam C. Girling, Thomas Campanile, Samir Nangea and Mark Watson, EY
- How Technology Is Shaping the Future of Operational Risk Management : Operational risk management is becoming a C-suite and board-level tool to inform strategic and day-to-day business decisions. Advances in technology to address regulatory and other industry factors can be a catalyst for helping organizations rethink their operational risk strategies and modernize capabilities to make risk programs more effective. | Kristina Davis ,Deloitte
- Digital risk: Transforming risk management for the 2020s– The significant advantages of digitization, with respect to customer experience, revenue, and cost, have become increasingly compelling. The momentum to adopt the new technologies and operating models needed to capture these benefits continues to build. The risk function, which has seen significant growth in costs over the past decade, should be no exception. | Saptarshi Ganguly, Holger Harreis, Ben Margolis, and Kayvaun Rowshankis, McKinsey
- Global Risk Institute’s Annual Risk Outlook Survey: Cyber risk was deemed the risk with the largest potential impact for the third year in a row due to the increased frequency and sophistication of cyber-attacks. Rising political instability led geopolitical risk to move to the second spot on risk ranking, replacing household debt and housing market risks, which have both moved downwards. | Global Risk Institute
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- How to Become a Risk Consultant: Education and Career Roadmap -So you think you might like to become a risk consultant…Risk consultants are also known as consulting actuaries, though this job title can refer to other types of jobs as well. | Study.com
- AI In 2019 According To Recent Surveys And Analysts’ Predictions : AI is the talk of the world and it features prominently in predictions for 2019 and recent surveys by consulting firms and other observers of the tech scene. | Gil Press
- The Five AI Professionals Companies Need to Succeed in 2019 :Job openings for artificial intelligence workers rose by 63 per cent last year, making expertise in the technology one of the most in-demand skills. | Pooja Singh, Entrepreneur Asia Pacific
- Is Digital Risk Management A Business Performance Issue? Digital risk is a reality, and it has a long-term effect on an organization’s initiatives, actions, and decisions. | Meenakshi Krishnan, OpenXcell Technolabs
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.