This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, July 03rd , 2019
Supply Chain Strategies to Minimize the Impact of Tariffs.
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Our recent experiences of working with a few global supply chains impacted by the tariffs show that supply chain managers should immediately focus on some “here-and-now” decisions. Because tariffs may continue into the future with new flavors, they also have to evaluate “wait-and-see” scenarios.”
Over the last year or so, we have constantly been reading about the potential impact of tariffs on trade between the U.S. and China. Now that a 10% tariff has been in effect for several months, US companies have mostly been able to pass on the cost to the consumer, leveraging historically low unemployment and all-time highs of domestic consumer sentiments. However, this situation may happen again, in countries or times less favorable for the Companies. How do you prepare your Supply chain to navigate these troubled waters?
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Chainalytics, in which the authors lead you to reflect on how to minimize the impact of Tariffs by developing a strategy in your Supply Chain.
Read on to Find out More: “Supply Chain Strategies to Minimize the Impact of Tariffs“
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Rob O’Byrne invites us to answer some questions including: What is Blockchain and how can we use it? Can it Benefit the Supply Chain?
- Supply Chain Sustainability in FMCG: “Consumers are increasingly expecting their products to be made and distributed ethically without negatively impacting the environment, and by not depleting natural resources.” Sustainability is on everyone’s lips these days. Customers are now increasingly aware of the impact of their behavior on the environment and natural resources. They are willing to pay more for sustainable products. The article goes over how companies have to adapt to that change, and presents some practical examples of Companies that already shifted to sustainable supply chains. | The Supply Chain Consulting Group
- Is Your Supply Chain Planning Ready for Digital? “Businesses rely on supply chain planning to steer the movement of goods, services, and information throughout the value chain in an optimal way.” The article goes over the promised of a digital supply chain and reminds us that digitalizing a mediocre supply chain will just lead to a mediocre digital supply chain. Companies should take advantage of a digital project to assess maturity and improve the effectiveness of their supply chain. | Pierre Mercier , Claudio Knizek , Henry Caffrey , Marcel Sieke , and Samantha Dunn, BCG
- S&OP: Can You Make Decisions at the Speed of Business? Advancement in descriptive analytics is outpacing innovation in decision support. Maximize the value in the short-term while attempting to drive the greatest value of currently deployed solutions. Wait for the market to mature.” In this article, Lora Cecere shares her take on S&OP technologies and how companies should approach them. She warns them in particular not to be blinded by the new shiny solutions and optimize the use of their existing technologies while keeping current on the developments of new technologies.. | Lora Cecere, Supply Chain Insights
- How we can build a state of the art Manufacturing exploiting the whole potential of technology and digital solutions? “The technology is ready, available, and more accessible than before. All the consolidated companies are continuously progressing, and new companies are rising to the challenge.” But Many Companies stay stuck at the pilot level and don’t find their way forward. The article presents how to get to the next level and stresses the importance of a new leadership style to embrace the change fully. | Filippo Mantegazza, EFESO Consulting
- It’s About Time: Welcome to the “Now” Economy and Smart Warehouses– “Veruca Salt won. We all want everything now, putting the onus on supply chains to hurry up and give it to us. Luckily, deploying the right tech makes this possible”. we all “want it now!” But how Supply chain and fleet management expectations are organizing as customer become more impatient? The article presents how Ryder, a top-down supply chain solution provider, has taken the digital transformation to its operations, creating new smart warehouses | John Hitch
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
How to Deliver the Sustainable Future : Innovate, Collaborate and Transform the Value Chain- For 14-years we have run the world-renowned Responsible Supply Chain Summit, providing companies with practical ideas and new connections to help solve the key supply chain issues and opportunities.
Supply Chain Event : The Supply Chain Event exhibition brings together many professionals who provide technology solutions covering all the needs of the Supply Chain (supply chain management from the management of flows circulating within the company and between the company and its environment).
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- Do Your Employees Secretly Despise You? These 5 Common Managerial Habits May Be the Reason Why: According to that frequently quoted study from Gallup, only 15 percent of people are engaged at work. And some 70 percent do not show up to work ready to do their best. | Omer Khan, VividTech
- 8 in 10 organisations ramping up big data spend: The number of companies that have fully implemented big data has more than doubled in the past year, while more than eight in 10 have increased investment. According to a new survey, accuracy, insight and process optimisation seen as the biggest business benefits of big data. | Consultancy.uk
- IBM, Orbs, ConsenSys Work Together On Global Blockchain Settlement Platform For Telecoms: The ITW Global Leaders’ Forum (GLF), which is a network of leaders from the world’s largest wholesale carriers, announced Monday the launch of a blockchain-based platform. | Rachel Wolfson, Forbes
- Cognizant Named an AI Services Leader in IDC MarketScape Report: According to the report, organizations should consider Cognizant when “they are looking for a partner that can provide high-touch customer service to apply AI to their specific business problem as well as good value for fee paid. Cognizant should also be on the short list if you are seeking a partner with a broad range of AI services skills and IP-based platform offerings.” | Cognizant
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
You might be nonchalantly asking yourself, why do companies hire Consultants? Great question! To improve a process, to save money, ...
Businesses today are facing a growing number of challenges. And as an executive, you are often under pressure to find ...
A script to a movie, is what the RFP to the Consulting project is. And the Master of Film suspense ...
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.