This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, September 11th , 2019
Telecom operators in the age of drones.
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Telecom operators are uniquely positioned to become pivotal players in the rapidly developing commercial unmanned aerial vehicles (drone) market. Drone applications enable various types of companies to transform their operations and gain efficiency, in terms of cost and time, by capturing and analyzing datasets to improve decision making.“
Telecom operators have now the opportunity to offer Drone Power Solutions to companies across different industries. But they will need to develop a way to play within each of the four key components of the DPS value chain: procurement, operations, processing & analytics, and storage & delivery.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Strategy&, part of the PwC network, in which the consultants discuss the disruption caused by drones in the telecom industry.
Read on to Find out More: “Telecom operators in the age of drones“ | Jad Hajj, Michal Mazur, Adam Wiśniewski, Ramzi Khoury, Strategy&, part of the PwC network.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
5G, augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR), and voice assistants are a few of the bold opportunities on the horizon for providers. Find out what Deloitte leaders are saying in our just-released Telecom and Media & Entertainment outlooks.
- Transformation is no longer a project, it is a culture: “Customers want to be served and they want clarity; they don’t want to be confused. They want to be able to interact with you where they want, when they want and how they want. If you think about that, that doesn’t mean picking up the phone or going into some store.” Here is an interview with Anthony Shiner discussing the latest trends in the industry and his approach to customer service and digital transformation. | Anthony Shiner, Telecom Review
- Asia-Pacific Leads 5G Innovation: “As a ubiquitous technology, 5G is the cornerstone of a smart world in which everything is connected. Today, as we usher in the 5G era, we are also at a critical stage of digital transformation across industries worldwide. Industrial development has progressed from mechanization and electrification to automation and digitization.” The article presents a summary of the 5th Huawei Asia-Pacific Innovation Day where stakeholders discussed the progress of 5G and the impacts on emerging applications | TechSabado
- Leveraging Digital Technologies to achieve new growth: How should Telcos act? “Digitalization has changed the telecommunications landscape forever. While investments in radio spectrum, network infrastructure and other core areas are necessary for telcos to stay competitive, core connectivity services are not going to significantly boost their revenues in the future.” Do Telcos have to focus on Connectivity or digital technologies? What are the digital technologies available for telcos and how to decide on which ones they should invest? | Stefano Sorrentino, Adriano Giaquinta, Chin San Ng, Value Partner
- Unlocking Value in Telecom: “Creating value in telecom is essential because the industry enables and supports an ever-expanding range of economic activities. Our research with the World Economic Forum in Europe shows that investments in telecom infrastructure generally pay for themselves, as measured by GDP growth, in 7 to 18 months.” May the telecom industry be a highflier? The decisions over the next five years will likely shape the future of these companies—and their home countries as well. | Awais Ali , Simon Bamberger , Wolfgang Bock , Hady Farag , Patrick Forth , and Fredrik Lind, The Boston Consulting Group
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Media & Telecom Conference : The Media and Telecom Conference convenes media and communication professionals and industry experts for an in-depth look at strategic activity in the sector including future opportunities and challenges.
GITEX Technology Week : The largest regional IT exhibition will play a more significant role. As well as defining the latest trends, presenting high caliber speakers & showcasing product innovations from across the world.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- Singapore court names Deloitte as manager for Inter-Pacific Group debt restructuring: Accountancy firm Deloitte & Touche said on Thursday it has been appointed by Singapore’s high court to act as interim judicial manager for marine fuel supplier Inter-Pacific Group Pte (IPG) in an application for a court-led debt restructuring process. | Reuters
- Public sector awards consulting contracts worth £1.3 billion: The UK’s public sector handed out more than 700 consulting contracts in the seven months of 2019, totalling a value of over £1.3 billion. According to analysis by Consultancy.uk in collaboration with Tussell, while the biggest contracts typically involved the Foreign Office, Brexit was not the only show in town as DEFRA and the MoD also handed out large sums for advisory work. | Consultancy.uk
- 4 Tips for Freelancer Survival: The beauty of freelancing is that you go global as soon as you put your services online. Unless you specifically declared that you’re a freelance writer for New York-based startups or a personal trainer for Toronto-based moms, then your clients can come from all over the world. | Toby Nwazor, Millionaire Writers Agency
- NEXTDC Earns Acclaim from Frost & Sullivan for its Technology and Customer Focus in the Data Centre Market: NEXTDC stands out for its technological sophistication in design and engineering pertaining to power quality, back-up power, and mechanical cooling. | Cision PRNewswire
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.