This Week in Consulting
Friday, June 15th, 2018
The Next-generation Procurement
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Leading procurement organizations take the initiative in shaping new technologies to their needs, rather than waiting for generic, off-the-shelf solutions from commercial software vendors. They collaborate with a wide range of vendors— including start-ups—to tailor automated systems to their unique requirements.”
The future of procurement is coming on quickly. At the current rate of adoption, 60 – 70% of existing processes at leading procurement organizations could be automated within three years. Unlike many enterprise technologies, automation yields immediate tangible benefits in the form of cost savings, efficiency gains, workforce rationalization, and service improvement. No company can afford to sit back and watch competitors reap these benefits.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from AT. Kearney, in which the consultants explain how digital technologies are on pace to automate most routine procurement processes and what organizations can do to get the most from these new technologies by adapting to the next-generation procurement.
Read on to Find out More: “The Future of Procurement Arrives at Last”, featuring Stephen Easton and Hugo Evans from AT. Kearney.
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Tom Wujec uses the concept of making toast as a metaphor for systems design. He demonstrates an intriguing process design method that is directly applicable to Supply Chain Management.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- HR Technology Consultancy Cedar Consulting Bought by Version 1: Dublin based tech outsourcing firm Version 1 has bridged the Irish Sea with a multimillion Euro spending spree in recent months. The firm has further added to its tally of UK purchases with the acquisition of British consultancy Cedar Consulting. | Irish Times
- Arthur D. Little and Solon Deny Strategic Advisory Roles to Lebara: Telecommunications company Lebara has come under scrutiny from two of its alleged consultants, following its sale last year. The international sim-card company pitched a €350 million bond sale to investors in August 2017, however two of the consulting firms it cited as advisors for the deal have publicly denied playing the roles attributed to them. | Tom Beardsworth, Bloomberg
- US Giant Acquires Aussie Super Consulting Business: Gallagher is acquiring an Australian superannuation consulting services company along with its technology-based sister firm as part of a continued play into the Australian wealth market. | Alex Burke, Financial Standard
- Four Areas to Consider for Developing Digital Transformation Strategies: Almost 80% of companies surveyed were only “digitally adaptive” – their digitalisation efforts were limited to products and services at best, and they had no comprehensive approach to digital transformation. | Consultancy uk
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- Digital Supply Networks Strengthen Procurement Strategy: Procurement has grown significantly more strategic over the past twenty years—now, digital supply chain management and analytics are bringing new strength to that strategic role. Read about how disruptive technologies push boundaries for procurement strategy. | Michael Daher, Deloitte
- Digital Procurement: The Future Begins Today: To realize the potential of the future, organizations need to start now. In a four-part series, you will learn about a vision for digital procurement business process services. Why digital procurement—and why now? | Chris Banschbach, Kristin Ruehle, Alison Detwiler and Tom Fahe, Accenture
- How to Start and Fund Your Digitalization Road Map in Procurement: Procurement can be a major lever in the digital transformation if it succeeds to change the perspective from a tool dominated to a commercial topic. Read about how you can anticipate digitalization through the core competencies of procurement. | Ferhat Eryurt, Camelot
- Digital Supply Management – Creating Competitive Advantage through the Supply Base: New digital technology can play an important role to support companies in answering these questions and help organizations creating a competitive advantage through their supply base. | Léon Fleuren & Tim Wijnsma, Capgemini
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming months exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey.
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- Top 5 Lead Generation Tips in Management Consulting: “You’re only as good as your last contract.” Check out what a management consultancy can do to generate more leads. | Lee Frederiksen, Hinge Marketing
- How to Set Yourself and Your Consulting Business Up For Success: This practical guide will be your first step towards launching a wildly successful consulting business. | Helene Laffitte, Consulting Quest
- The History of Consultancy: As you are busy chasing for a consulting career, do you know the history of consulting inside and out? It is time to catch up. | Consulting Ideas
- The First 10 Days: 3 Tips to Succeed for New Consultants: Now that You’ve earned that offer. So…what now? Things You need to know as you first start off. | John Shaughnessy, Consulting Cafe
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.