This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, February 06th, 2019
Time To Start Again: The State Of The Financial Services Industry 2019
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“There is an old Irish joke about a driver in Tipperary who stops to ask a farmer how to get to Dublin. The answer comes back, ‘Well, I wouldn’t start from here’. So it is with much of our financial services industry…”
For Financial Services industry, complex legacy infrastructure is costly and slow to adapt to changes. For an industry whose product – the movement and storage of money and the management of risk – is electronic, the processes remain far too manually intensive. Surveys regularly indicate that customers are rarely inspired by the service. The consensus is that overhauling all of this will require years of digital transformation of legacy systems and processes.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from Oliver Wyman, in which the consultants discuss their vision for the financial services industry: quality and low-cost new technology, the potential for dramatic change in competitiveness, the potential for reduction in conduct and cyber risk, and the scope for smooth migration, etc. Do you have the same vision for the industry? If you look carefully, you will find it is already starting to happen. To see how and where, read on….
Read on to Find out More: “Time To Start Again: The State Of The Financial Services Industry 2019 “, featuring Barrie Wilkinson, Deborah O’Neill, Chris Allchin and Rick Chavez, Oliver Wyman.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
Deloitte’s 2019 Financial Services Industry Outlooks outlines financial services industry trends, critical business issues, and regulatory challenges.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- DCI Consulting Group Acquires EEO Litigation Firm Savina Consulting: DCI Consulting Group, a leading HR risk management firm, announces the acquisition of Savina Consulting, an employment litigation support and HR consulting firm. This strategic acquisition will allow DCI Consulting Group to provide enhanced EEO litigation support and expert witness services to current and new clients. | Cision PR newswire
- BDO Launches Customs and International Trade Practice with Acquisition of Global Trade Strategies, Inc: Chicago-based BDO USA has acquired business continuity and crisis management consultancy Lootok, as well as Global Trade Strategies (GTS), a leading provider of customs and international trade regulation consulting. BDO has formed a new Customs and International Trade practice out of the GTS acquisition. | Businesswire
- Entangled Group Acquires Education Consulting and Design Firm, ProjectEd: Entangled Group, a San Francisco-based company that incubates, invests in and consults for education startups, acquired education consulting and design firm ProjectEd on January 1, 2019, according to Entangled CEO and co-founder Paul Freedman. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. | EdSurge
- Exclusive: Delta Capita acquires The Field Effect-Ten months after striking a strategic partnership, Delta Capita has acquired The Field Effect, creating one of the larger specialized consultancies service providers in prime brokerage, securities finance and collateral management. | Jenna Lomax, Black Knight Media
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
MoneyLIVE Spring: Whether you’re a payments professional, a retail banker or FinTech, MoneyLIVE Spring is the place for you. Comprising of two separate conferences in the same venue, you’ll have your pick of speakers, content and attendees from both MoneyLIVE: Cards & Payments and MoneyLIVE: Retail Banking Europe…
Women in Banking & Financial Services Leadership Summit provides the opportunity to the attendees to be confident in the spotlight, adapt & excel during uncertainty, lead with courage & authenticity and network with industry leaders.
- Predictions 2019: Financial Services Firms Shift Their Focus To Operational Efficiency -Climate change, volatile politics, trade wars, and relentless cyberattacks all threaten the economic stability on which most financial firms thrive. As they prepare to weather the inevitable storms that will disrupt their businesses in 2019, this coming year will show which financial firms continue with a short-term focus on business as usual and which firms have truly learned the lessons of the financial crisis. | Benjamin Ensor, Forrester
- Six digital trends set to disrupt financial services in 2019 :The financial services industry is one of the industries that has been most impacted by digital disruption, and 2018 saw numerous significant trends and developments. Here are six that are of the most importance to financial services decision-makers and marketers heading into 2019. | Patricio Robles, Econsultancy
- What to expect in 2019 for the financial services industry: Deloitte’s Center for Financial Services has released its financial services industry outlooks for 2019, detailing challenges and opportunities for firms in the industry to anticipate in the coming quarters. Findings suggest that firms willing to evolve and take a macro-level view at the impacts of digitization will be future winners in the financial services industry. | Jim Eckenrode, Deloitte
- Financial Services Technology 2020 and Beyond: It is now becoming obvious that the accelerating pace of technological change is the most creative force – and also the most destructive – in the financial services ecosystem today. This article sets out to capture the real world implications of these technological advances on the financial services industry and those who must supervise and use it. | Pwc
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- The Skills Most In Demand For Independent Management Consultants: Naturally, over time skill requirements for independent consultants change as project themes change. Here are the results of the BTG survey on organization leaders about the emerging project and skills demands for independent consultants. | Jon Younger, Agile Talent Collaborative
- 5 Tips for Building a Killer Consulting Business: The new year is here. You already have the expertise and the contacts. So what do you do next? Here’s a good place to start. Check out these tips on starting a consulting business. | Scott Steinberg, TechSavvy
- The Management Consulting Industry 2019 and Beyond :The multi-billion dollar industry is growing at a steady rate, but analysts predict downhill for the maturing industry. Should management consulting companies be worried? Read on to find out more. | Judy Caroll, CallboxInc
- 7 Recruiting Trends That Will Continue Into 2019: Last year several new recruiting tactics were introduced. This year, we’ve seen them adopted and implemented. And many of these modern methods will shape the hiring process in 2019. | Direct Consulting Associates
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.