This Week in Consulting
Friday, June 29th, 2018
Delivering the Workforce of the Future in the Digital Era
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Rather than managing only the internal workforce, the best companies will establish and manage an extended talent ecosystem, comprising multiple talent pools and spanning multiple generations.”
Digital technology is disrupting entire industries and changing the way companies do business across all stages of the value chain: how they develop, market, produce, sell, and deliver products and services. Interactions and ways of working within organizations are being transformed, as are the ways they build, manage, and maintain relationships with customers. For executives, it is a top priority to plan for a digital workforce now. Organizations need to avoid skills instability and prepare for the proficiency required tomorrow.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece by Mercer and Oliver Wyman, in which the consultants provide a holistic and integrated view on the workforce of the future, enabling organizations of all sizes to transition to a technology-enhanced environment, while ensuring that their workforce thrives.
Read on to Find out More: “Delivering the Workforce of the Future in the Digital Era”, featuring Antonis Christidis from Mercer and Axel Miller, Stephen Kelly, Patrick Farley from Oliver Wyman.
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
What do you get when you ask the founder of one of the world’s most significant HR Firms about the future of work? A completely unintuitive answer that speaks to the revolution in the world of work and a passionate case for an idea whose time has come.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- McKinsey and Quantum Black Back British Government’s £2.3 billion AI Boost: A new multi-billion AI investment drive has been backed by key industry figures, including consulting firm McKinsey & Company and its analytics subsidiary Quantum Black. As well as a new hub for data ethics, a variety of private companies have pledged to invest in their own capacities in the UK, promising a major jobs boost ahead of Brexit. | Consultancy UK
- Ankura Acquires Two Business Units from Navigant for $470 Million: Ankura Consulting is set to acquire the Disputes, Forensics and Legal Technology practice and the Transaction Advisory Services practice of Navigant Consulting. The huge consulting industry deal is valued at almost half a billion dollars and is the latest in a chain of acquisitions made by the rapidly expanding Ankura. | Consulting US
- ITPEnergised and Xero Energy Merge Respective Consulting Businesses: Two Scotland-based energy consultancies have announced a deal to merge their operations. Edinburgh-headquartered ITPEnergised and Glaswegian firm Xero Energy will combine their respective consultancy businesses, culminating in the union of around 50 staff around the world. | David McPhee, Energy Voice
- Equiteq Advises on Dartmouth Partners and The NAV People Transactions: Continued merger and acquisition activity in the consulting industry has seen Equiteq advise on multiple deals in 2018. Most recently, this saw the specialist consultancy support Dartmouth Partners as the firm secured a minority investment from Literacy Capital, and The NAV People on the firm’s management buy-out. | Equiteq Press Release
Congratulations to the Consulting Quest Team!
It is with great honor to announce that Consulting Quest has been chosen as a finalist for the Best Procurement Consultancy Project Award for the World Procurement Awards 2018! Do not forget to check out our nominated case study.
- People — Not Just Machines — Will Power Digital Innovation: Thriving in this digital era of promise and uncertainty means increasing the velocity of innovation, experimentation and collaboration. The main engine for this is not some magical technology — it’s talented people. | Euan Davis, Cognizant’s Center for the Future of Work
- Workforce of the Future: The Competing Forces Shaping 2030: One of the defining characteristics of our age is its ability to surprise and confound. This report develops ‘Four Worlds of Work’ for 2030 which will kickstart your thinking about the many possible scenarios that could develop, and how to best prepare for the future. | Carol Stubbings, Jon Williams, PwC
- The Workforce of the Future: Mobile and social technologies are enabling business to better engage with their workforce, now more than ever there is an opportunity for the workforce to be engaged in the way their workplace policies, processes and work environment are shaped. Having an engaged workforce which is able to adapt quickly is a key focus for many employers and a key to quick adoption is the workplace. | Michelle Bishop, Calder Consultants
- Skill Shift: Automation and the Future of the Workforce: The need for some skills, such as technological as well as social and emotional skills, will rise, even as the demand for others, including physical and manual skills, will fall. These changes will require companies to rethink how work is organized within their organizations. | Jacques Bughin, Eric Hazan, Susan Lund, Peter Dahlström, Anna Wiesinger, and Amresh Subramaniam, McKinsey
Consulting Quest will be hosting a free Webniar for industry leaders in the coming months exploring best practices in Consulting Procurement. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this survey.
Check Out Other Upcoming Events and Workshops & Become a Part of the Consulting Quest Community!
- The Consultants Are Eating Madison Avenue’s Lunch: Half of the top 10 marketing businesses are consultancies. Tech consultants and accounting firms are a growing headache for traditional agencies. Are you riding along this wave? | Joe Mayes, Bloomberg
- Why You Must Collaborate with Other Consultants to Win More Projects: Whether it is through partnering with another firm, subcontracting or even brokering a new relationship for a client, there is a diverse range of ways for consultants to collaborate with each other to win new opportunities. | Helene Laffitte, Consulting Quest
- Top Tips for Getting Work as a Consulting Intern: As the summer internships begin, get some tips on how you can make the most out of your experience. | Target Jobs
- The History of Consultancy: As you are busy chasing for a consulting career, do you know the history of consulting inside and out? It is time to catch up. | Consulting Ideas
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.