This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
Charting the course: Why procurement must transform itself by 2020
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“The first step in the journey to 2020 will be to fully understand how the procurement landscape is shifting around us, often more radically and quickly than we might first imagine. Even in the past year, procurement leadership uncertainty has increased across sectors at a rapid pace.”
Procurement organizations experienced the first steps on this journey in recent years, but in the decade ahead there will likely be a dramatic shift that will be eye-opening by comparison. In 2020, new capabilities and competencies will likely be mandatory. Organizations that fail to embrace new procurement models may fall further and further behind the competition, jeopardizing overall competitiveness and viability.
This Week’s Must Read features an insight piece from Deloitte, where the consultants discuss why existing procurement maturity models may no longer apply in 2020 and proposes a new framework for procurement success.
Read on to Find out More: “Charting the course: Why procurement must transform itself by 2020 “, featuring Brian Umbenhauer and Scott Sopher from Deloitte.
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
In this Briefings Direct podcast, Dana Gardner of Inter arbor Solutions and his panelists explore the ways that rapidly evolving technology is impacting the future of procurement.
INDUSTRY NEWS & INSIGHTS
- A.T. Kearney has acquired business analytics and data management consultancy Cervello for an undisclosed fee. Cervello’s team of 120 data engineers, data scientists, and developers – some of whom are based in London – will work with A.T. Kearney’s consultants to bolster client performance and transformation programmes. | A.T. Kearney
- BigChange accelerates Scales-up plans with two acquisitions: Professional services firm BigChange has completed a deal to bring UK supply chain consultancy Labyrinth into its fold. The move comes as part of a twin deal, which also adds Trace Systems, a logistics software firm, to BigChange’s global offering. | BigChange
- Farnborough-based IT consultancy Virtrium Consulting has joined Chaucer, a digital transformation consulting firm based in London. The deal creates a combined group of more than 300 consultants in the UK and US, generating a turnover of over £35 million. | Consultancy.uk
- MCA Announces Finalists for 2019 Leading Consultancy Awards :After a competitive due diligence on project and consultant cases submitted for the Management Consultancies Association’s 2019 Awards, the jury have picked the finalists. Over the next few weeks, a team of expert judges will assess which nominees will win the battle for the prestigious industry prizes. | Cision PR newswire
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
World Procurement Week 2019: World Procurement Week is the industry’s only gathering that caters to the wider procurement team, from CPOs to strategy heads, category leaders, and more…
Celebrating Procurement Greatness in the Americas : New this year, Americas Procurement Awards celebrate the most impressive and transformative procurement initiatives, teams and individuals throughout North, Central and South America.
- New Methodologies in Supply Chain Management Solutions for the 21st Century: Among the top trends of supply chain management, there is a possibility of the emergence of a closed loop supply chain. Sometimes referred to as a cradle-to-cradle (C2C) supply chain, a zero-waste supply chain that re-uses all materials. Though supply chain management practices are growing rapidly, there are challenges to be addressed. | GEP
- Trends in Supply Chain Management:Supply chain management is all about meeting customer demands in a way that is profitable and sustainable. As demands change, so must supply chains so that they can be managed and operated as needed. Here is how the supply chain will change in the next decade. | Yuval Barak, Tefen
- Supply chain innovation in a digital world: Emerging digital technologies are disrupting all industries by attracting new entrants and competitors who operate under different rules and deploy new technologies more rapidly and skillfully. This is increasing the pressure on supply chains in traditional companies and requires a fundamental rethink of the concepts of supply chain management and supply chain strategy. | Dr. Mervyn G. Maistry & Christian Neumann, Ey
- The key procurement and Technology trends:2019 is set to be a seismic year around the world. Major changes, such as further geo-political upheaval, the looming spectre of global trade wars and tariffs aplenty, have the potential to disrupt supply chains and set metaphorical trip wires for procurement professionals everywhere. It’s rarely been more important to get a solid grip on the key factors in the market and external environment. | Euan Granger, Glasgow City Council
Consulting Quest wishes to organize a series of webinars with experts, if you are interrested and / or if you wish to make your contribution, please contact us by clicking below. Thank you !
- How to Earn a Seat at Another Company’s Innovation Table:How do consultants emerge from the crowd as qualified partners worthy of trust? It all comes down to their ability to convince clients that they’re relevant, credible and differentiated. | Rob Biederman, Catalant
- Procurement set to grow its influence in 2019 : Here is procurement leaders’ latest thoughts on the trends that would shape the function in 2019. Procurement’s influence will rise as it helps the business drive growth in an era when it is contending with a range of challenges. | Tim Burt, Procurement Leaders
- Advice for Aspiring Project Management Consultants : What does it mean to be a project management consultant? Jennifer Bridges, PMP, explains and shows you how to become one in this short tutorial video. | Jennifer Bridges, PMP
- Here is the Vault Consulting 50 ranking for 2019. The rankings are based on scores from almost 17,000 consulting firm employees surveyed earlier this year. Is your ideal company on the list? | Stephan Maldonado, Vault.com
- Are you a Consultant with Supply Chain background or prior experience working in Retail/CPG? This may be the opportunity you have been long for. A Client of Consulting Quest – an Asia-based small Global Consulting Firm – is seeking to hire an Engagement Manager to join their newly established office in New York City. Learn More
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.