This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, December 18th 2019
How the Public Sector is embracing AI technology
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Widespread adoption of AI has been slower in government than in the private sector. Given the magnitude of the impact that AI could have on public entities, it is important to understand the roadblocks that stand in the way of systemic government adoption of AI.”
For the past two years, in a digital world, we leave behind us a trail of data. How many databases exist? Which database contains what information? Or how is data collected?
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from World Economic Forum where the authors explore the context of AI adoption in Government
Read on to Find out More: “5 challenges for government adoption of AI “ | Julián Torres Santeli, Sabine Gerdon, World Economic Forum.
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
What government workers need more is Time. And that’s exactly what artificial intelligence promises to offer.
- The Citizen’s Perspective on the Use of AI in Government: “Artificial intelligence (AI) has beneficial applications in many areas of government, including traffic management—with data collected in real time from traffic lights, CCTV cameras, and other sources enabling traffic flow optimization—and customer service centers manned by robots that use AI to answer questions.” Based on a global survey, this article details how internet users perceive the use of AI in government. | Miguel Carrasco, Steven Mills, Adam Whybrew , and Adam Jura, BCG
- The public sector innovates just as much as the private sector: “If there is a cliché that comes to mind, it’s probably a creaking bureaucracy, struggling to keep up with the modern world. The reality is different. The RSA recently partnered with the global accountancy body ACCA to research innovation in public finance. A global survey of ACCA members, with 4,000 respondents in over 140 countries, found that 91% of the public sector innovated – compared to 90% in the private sector.” This survey’s result shows what does innovation looks like in the UK public sector. | Ian Burbidge and Hannah Webster, RSA
- Big Data Analytics in Government: How the Public Sector Leverages Data Insights? “Data is the new gold. Technological advancements and the ever-increasing amount of data are transforming the way business across industries, and in governments as well. Government digital archiving rates and data generation are on the rise. Digital information is expanding and becoming more complex. In turn, this is making information management, storage, security, processing, and disposition more complex as well.” This article is an insight into the benefits and applications of Big Data within the US Government. | Raj Joseph, Intellectyx
- Middle Eastern Cities Prepare For An Age Of AI: “Most cities worldwide are preparing to use digital technologies to become “smart cities.” But truly being ready for an age of AI requires preparing more broadly for how to navigate through potentially painful transitions as the next-generation technology redefines many jobs. No city is completely prepared to meet these challenges. But three of the most prominent in the Middle East—Riyadh, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi—are well placed for the new era.” The author explores the necessary transformation of Middle Eastern cities facing fast shifts in digital technology? | Anshu Vats, Oliver Wyman
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
AI World Government 2020 : AI World Government provides a comprehensive three-day forum to educate and inform public sector agencies on proven strategies and tactics to successfully deploy AI and cognitive technologies.
AI & Automation in the Public Sector : AI & Automation in the Public Sector will provide the attendees with the opportunity to be a part of the discussions focusing on What does AI mean for the Public Sector, Ethics and humane use of AI, big data, etc…
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- Samsung to supply 4G, 5G telecom solutions to Canada: “Samsung Electronics Co. said on Sunday it has won a deal to supply fourth-generation (4G) and fifth-generation (5G) network equipment to Videotron, a Canadian telecom firm.” | ETTelecom
- Deloitte: Digitizing Tax in the GCC: “Deloitte hosted an innovative series of ‘tax lab’ summits across the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) for businesses. The purpose of the sessions was to discuss how automation, digital protocols and methodologies would transform tax accounting, reporting and compliance in the region” | Zawa
- Capita launches own consultancy division: Capita Consulting: “As the firm kicks on from a broadly successful turnaround – having reportedly been on the brink of collapse in late 2017 – Capita has announced plans to boost its profitability with the launch of a new consulting brand. Capita Consulting aims to hire a headcount of 450 consultants across the UK by the end of next year” |Consultancy.uk
- Shimtech Industries Acquires Fastener Technology Corp: “Shimtech Industries is pleased to announce the acquisition of Fastener Technology Corp. (FTC), a North Hollywood based supplier of high-strength specialty fasteners for commercial and military aerospace applications.” | PRNewswire
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
"Collaboration is like carbonation for fresh ideas. Working together bubbles up ideas you would not have come up with solo, ...
"You can’t sell it outside if you can’t sell it inside.” ― Stan Slap 1. Focus only on the biggest ...
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.