This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, October 23rd 2019
Technology is not the only driver for Change in Procurement.Talent is one too.
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“The expectation of procurement is changing. Procurement leadership is challenged to develop strategies that map more closely to business priorities, delivering results to maintain high levels of executive support.”
Talent shortage and talent management have been on the agenda of procurement leadership teams for many years. Tom Graham investigates why this gap continues to exist.
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Spend Matters where guest Tom Graham, from Berwick Partners, explains how the needs for talent in procurement is changing, but the approach to recruitment is still the same.
Read on to Find out More: “The Future Talent Shortage Within The Procurement Industry “ | Spend Matters,Tom Graham, from Berwick Partners.
Note: It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and we guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential.
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
How can procurement work with HR to attract, retain and develop the best possible talent?
- Meeting in the Middle: Procurement and HR for Total Talent Management: “Organizations are seeing the benefits of hiring in an on-demand capacity as short-term and contractual positions offer greater flexibility and speed the time to fill specific project needs. These alternative roles are becoming even more important as options for candidates are increasingly limited – in the near zero unemployment U.S. labor market, organizations are battling for the same resources and need to find ways to expand the talent pool.”The article present how HR and procurement can collaborate to efficiently source the right talents. | Workforce Logic
- In the digital transformation of procurement, humans remain front and centre: “As the economy has shifted – particularly in the UK – away from manufacturing and into the services sector, with business functions increasingly outsourced, Powell has noticed a shift in the scale of buying and the emphasis on supplier relationship management in order to maintain value for an organisation, as well as bringing innovation and competitive advantage, has grown.” In the article, Richard Powell goes over the changes occurrent in procurement over the last 25 years, and gives his perspective on the impact of digital transformation. | Olivia Minnock, Supply Chain Digital
- How Can Procurement Create a Competitive Advantage in Talent Acquisition: “83% of respondents in a recent survey made by the US Society for Human Resource Management have had trouble recruiting the right candidates over the last 12 months. 75% of them believe it is due to a skills shortage among applicants. More and more companies report facing this talent shortage. One might ask: “how can there be a talent shortage and simultaneously somewhat concerning unemployment levels in some countries?”Can we apply a sound make or buy strategy to talent acquisition? What would be the impact of involving procurement in talent recruitment? This piece from Arnaud Malarde goes over the benefits of looking at talent acquisition from a procurement perspective. | Arnaud Malarde, HR Tecnologist
- The Next-Generation Procurement Talent Profile: “Research by The Hackett Group indicates dramatic changes in the nature of work are imminent as a result of rapid maturing and adoption of so called “smart automation” technologies. Tens of millions of enterprise roles, including millions in business service functions, will be affected, as rules-based, routine work and basic cognitive tasks are automated, and knowledge work is transformed through augmented intelligence.”Procurement is changing indeed, and the impact on the talent needed is inevitable. What will the next generation procurement professional look like? This article presents The Hackett Group’s research on the impact of digital transformation on procurement roles and needed skills. | Angela Caswell-LaPierre, Erik Dorr and Tony DiRomualdo, The Hackett Group
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
Data, Intelligence & Technology Forum : The 4th annual DIT Forum will guide you through the next stage in your digital journey, exploring how to elevate your digital strategy and scale solutions across the organisation and further.
The Asia Pacific Procurement Congress 2019 : focus on how you can overcome these challenges and more, ensuring your function’s strategy delivers maximum value to your wider business.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- Developing skills in the management consulting industry: “Calvert Markham, Director at the Centre for Management Consulting Excellence, has published the most recent editions of two consulting books first released thirty years ago. Markham reflects on how the skills of management consultants have evolved on the back of the industry’s changing face.” | Consultancy.uk
- Cognizant Set to Buy Technology Consulting Firm Contino: “The DevOps approach to cloud migration, core modernization and cloud security is reshaping how enterprises in all industries are building their infrastructures. This new set of holistic cloud capabilities from Contino will enable us to offer and more readily deploy transformative cloud-based solutions.” | The Economic Times
- BCG Acquires Design Consultancy AllofUs to Expand Design Capabilities: “Boston Consulting Group (BCG), one of the world’s leading management consulting firms, announced today that it has acquired AllofUs, a leading design consultancy based in London. The acquisition will broaden and deepen BCG’s overall digital offerings and strengthen its design capabilities in particular.” |Boston Consulting Group
- Aon, CIL, Deloitte and GK Strategy win private equity award: “Unquote, a platform for Europe’s private equity landscape, has unveiled the winners of its British Private Equity Awards.” | Consultancy.uk
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
"Australia is just so full of surprises." - Bill Bryson Australia is unique not only for the amazing nature, and ...
"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is ...
"The tallest building in the world is now in Dubai, the biggest factory in the world is in China, the ...
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.