This Week in Consulting
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
The Future of Revenue Management equals Total Revenue Management.
THIS WEEK’S MUST READ
“Total Revenue Management is a much-discussed concept in hospitality, but in reality, it has produced a great deal of confusion. Put simply, it is the revenue management of all revenue sources in a hotel.”
The starting point to optimizing your revenue management system is a thorough review of your revenue sources. What metrics did you put in place to track your revenues? Are you staying current on the latest industry developments?
This Week’s Must Read is an insight piece from Patrick Landman, Xotels who conduce you on a reflection on how to maximize all your revenue streams, develop a company-wide total revenue management culture and optimize guest spend.
Read on to Find out More: “The Future of Revenue Management equal Total Revenue Management“
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO:
As Sherri Kimes discusses, pricing has changed over the years—it’s become an even more an integral and analytical part of revenue management.
- Yield Management In the Airline Industry– “The concepts of yield management in the airline industry are known to have an impact on customer feelings of price fairness and it also affects customer loyalty.” If you ever wondered what yield management was and how it works, this article is made for you. | Travel, Technology & Solutions
- How to Calculate Willingness to Pay and use it to inform Subscription Pricing– Willingness to pay (WTP) is a concept taught in every business school. But it gets often confused with the willingness to accept (WTA), even though they are significantly different metrics. “Knowing what your customers are willing to pay for your product or service is necessary to build an effective and competitive pricing strategy. Without this information, you’re simply guessing.” This article explores how to use WTP to your advantage and gives practical examples showing how companies can use WTP. | Patrick Campbell, ProfitWell
- Enterprise Value of Pricing® (EVP): New Metric to Explain the value created through Pricing Achievements to Financial Analysts– “Until now, even the best of equity stories have failed to include one meaningful indicator for pricing.” Simon-Kucher introduces a new approach inspired by the Gordon Growth model (that values a company’s stock value). It is an interesting reconciliation of pricing and market value. | Kai Bandilla, Simon-Kucher & Partners
- Price Increase Letter: How To Explain Price Increases To Costumers?– Increasing prices every year is not an easy exercise. It is not enough to define the right pricing, you should also communicate the rationale to your clients. “If your customers don’t understand (or have forgotten temporarily) the value you deliver them; then they will not take a price rise well – even if you have a well-crafted price rise letter.” The article presents how to increase your price in a mature market using a real-life example. | Taylor Wells
- Rethinking Pricing Strategies in Commoditized Markets:Network-based Best Alternative Pricing-Companies are now rethinking many of their core business processes including pricing, capacity, network footprint, product mix, channel priorities, capital investment and production levels. L.E.K.’s NBBA’s pricing approach can help accelerate margin recovery and position your company to realize the maximum benefits in a growing market. | L.E.K. Consulting
On the same theme,here is a selection of conferences that you might find useful
EPP Pricing Conferences : Our research team is connected with the best pricing experts, practitioners and technology providers for the most exceptional learning and connecting during the EPP Pricing Conferences .
Asia Pricing & Revenue Management Summit : The annual Asia pricing summit is a great event to keep all the pricing professionals connected in Asia and exchange ideas.
CONSULTING INDUSTRY NEWS
- Cognizant to Acquire Zenith Technologies, a Leader in Life Sciences Manufacturing Technology Services: Cognizant announced it has agreed to acquire Zenith Technologies, a company specialized in implementing digital technologies to manage, control and optimize drug and medical device production for maximum operational efficiency and regulatory compliance. | Cognizant
- Elixirr and Usermind seal consulting and technology partnership: With customer-oriented businesses struggling to match the rapidly changing expectations of consumers, leveraging data analysis to evolve their organisations has become vital to their survival. | Consultancy.uk
- What General Partners Need to Know About the New Valuation Guidelines for Alternative Investments: The new American Institute of CPAs Guide does not teach one how to value, rather it provides best practice recommendations and techniques in understanding and applying fair value principles to valuing portfolio company investments across both debt and equity. | Rishi Aswani, Duff & Phelps
- Why Young Europeans See Online Trading as an Alternative to Entrepreneurship? About 62 percent of millenials like the idea of entrepreneurship and already considered launching their own business. While this desire clearly shows that younger generations are strongly interested in creating their own source of income, it does, unfortunately, not match reality at all. | Simon Moser, PolyGrowth
- Capgemini and Altran create a global digital transformation leader for industrial and tech companies: Capgemini is a world leader in consulting, IT services and digital transformation. Altran is the world leading provider of Engineering and R&D services, with a portfolio of high-profile clients. The combination of the two companies will leverage its unique positioning in particularly promising segments. | Florence Lievre, Capgemini
The Consulting Quest Global Directory is the largest professionally-managed directory in the consulting industry. Searchable by consultancy , name or by region, capability or industry it lists and describes more than 6000 consultancies worldwide with links to their websites and social media channels.
Interested in submitting?
If you are interested in submitting an article, an event or an ad, contact us!
CONSULTING SOURCING TIPS
Consulting Quest is a global, performance-driven consulting platform founded in 2014 by former members of top 10 consulting firms with the objective of reinventing consultancy performance. With a worldwide presence and a range of proprietary performance measurement tools, we help companies navigate the consulting maze. We work with Consulting Clients to increase their performance through consulting and Consulting Providers to help them acquire new clients and to improve their performance.